Private & Federal Student Loans
Federal Student Loans
Direct Loans are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student's education after high school. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education.
- Borrow directly from the federal government and have a single contact — your loan servicer — for everything related to repayment.
- Have online access to your Direct Loan account information via your servicer's website.
- Can choose from several repayment plans that are designed to meet the needs of almost any borrower, and you can switch repayment plans if your needs change.
For more information, visit The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program website.
Private Student Loans
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Casco FCU by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions.
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates provides even more flexibility.
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- Rewards and interest rate reductions available.
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers.
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate.
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists.
To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
* We are compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.